Each year, Aloha United Way partners with more than 1,400 companies, organizations, and government entities to invest in building a more resilient Hawai‛i. Through running giving campaigns with their employees, our workplace supporters contribute to the single most efficient and effective way to create change for the community.
We partner with over 350 nonprofit agencies across O‛ahu who are experts in their areas of service. Workplace campaign donations go directly to advancing their work, and supporting AUW initiatives such as the 211 Statewide Helpine, Safety Net, and ALICE Initiative.
Beginning in August each year, enlist your team to help us Change Tomorrow Today. Running a workplace giving campaign with Aloha United Way is free, easy, and effective. As a company you will communicate your commitment to community and corporate philanthropic goals while building camaraderie, teamwork, and tomorrow's leaders.
Small contributions make a big impact. Through gifts as little as $1 a week or day, our workplace supporters raised over $12 million dollars for our community in 2021. This money supports our nonprofit partners, who provide critical services and programs that help with food security, financial literacy, housing, medical care, and more. Donors are encouraged to explore the 2022 Nonprofit Agency Booklet and designate to causes that are near and dear to their hearts.
By running an Aloha United Way workplace campaign, you can help protect the health, safety, and well-being of countless keiki, kupuna, and families in need – such as the ALICE population. Watch our Faces of ALICE video to learn more about the impactful programs designed to uplift ALICE households, that are directly funded by campaign donations.
Benefits of Workplace Giving
Workplace giving campaigns don't just impact the well-being of our community. It is a powerful tool unlike any other for corporate, professional, and personal development. This is what running a campaign can do for you.
- Increases employee engagement and improves retention
- Demonstrates a commitment to corporate social responsibility
- Promotes a positive workplace culture
- Elevates you as an industry and community leader with stakeholders, employees, and customers
- Increases community visibility for stronger recruitment
- Will feel they’re making a difference and creating change
- Can choose multiple causes to support through one easy giving experience
- Get to know coworkers and management
- Will enjoy working for a company that does good things for the community
- Tax deductible donations
- Opportunities to develop new skills and leadership
- Get to plan fun activities and team gatherings
- Feel good about helping others give back
- More contact with company leadership
It doesn't matter the size of your organization or the industry that you represent, anyone can run a workplace giving campaign. From one-day events to month-long campaigns and everything between.
All you need is:
- The desire to make a positive change in your community
- Passion for helping those in our community with the greatest needs
- The energy to empower and inspire a team
- The will to lead your team and develop new skills
Checked all the boxes? The next step is to connect with our fundraising team, who will support you every step of the way. Please send us a few details about your organization so we can provide customized opportunities for you.
Fill out my online form.
Become a Workplace Champion
1,400+ workplaces on Oʻahu have committed themselves to becoming changemakers. Meet a few of our inspiring partners: