Our online application process is now closed, please apply in the Fall of 2017.
- Aloha United Way does not charge any administrative fees for processing applications or donor designations.
Here are the minimum qualifications for an agency to be considered a partner:
Hold 501c3 status with the IRS
- Compliant with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA)
- Compliant with the Attorney General’s Office (Exempt Agencies still have to be registered with AG)
- Deliver a service on Oahu
- Certify compliance with the Patriot Act
- Certify compliance with Aloha United Way’s anti-discrimination policy
- Comply with Aloha United Way’s guidelines on self-promotion of designations
- Have revenues of at least $25,000 for each of the past three years
- Be willing and able to accept payments from Aloha United Way via electronic funds transfer.
Here is a list of required documents that you need to complete your online application:
- Agency Logo: Agency logo will be displayed on Aloha United Way's website and promotional materials. (Logo Requirements: 4 color, 300 DPI, JPEG Format)
- Audit & Management Letter: Agency's most recent audit and management letter (if revenue exceeds $500,000) or most recent independent financial review (if revenues are $500,000 or less).
- IRS 501(c) (3) Determination Letter: Agency's IHS 501 (c) (3) tax exemption letter showing IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- IRS Form 990 & All Schedules: Agency's past three years completed Form 990 including the signature of an officer and all applicable schedules. (Starting with the most current year going back. i.e., 2013, 2012, & 2011)
- Compliance with the Attorney General: Agency's registration status with the Attorney General's Office. If your agency is exempt from registering with the Attorney General's Office please upload a copy of the exemption letter. Listed below is the AG website where you can obtain a free PDF copy of the required documentation.
- Compliance with the DCCA: Agency's registration and certification of good standing with the DCCA. Listed below is the DCCA website where you can obtain a free PDF copy of the required documentation.
For further assistance or more information on becoming an Aloha United Way partner agency please contact Marc Gannon - Vice President, Community Impact at 808-543-2215 or firstname.lastname@example.org