Dedicated to creating a world full of opportunity for everyone, Women United® focuses on education, poverty prevention and safety net—the building blocks for a better life for women who have been leading the way for their communities since time immemorial. Tackling the issues that matter most and empowering one another to leverage our passions, ideas, expertise and resources, together we transform the very conditions in which people live.
Chocolate, Champagne, and Couture For-A-Cause 2023
It was such a joy to toast to friends and fashion as we raised awareness and support for women at Chocolate, Champagne, and Couture For-A-Cause 2023. We're grateful for your company and generosity toward our auction, Keys-For-A-Cause, Community Baby Shower and Fund The Mission. We had a fabulous time mingling and networking with old friends, making new ones, all the while supporting our local community and the women within it.
Thank you again to our title sponsors: Alaska Airlines, Neiman Marcus, The Queen's Health Systems, and event hosts: BMW Honolulu, Hawaiian Host Group, HONOLULU Magazine and Johnson Brothers of Hawaii for helping us create such a fun weekend!
Explore photos from the 2023 event!
Highlights from the 2023 Event
2023 Women United Grant Application
Women United raises funds through member donations and signature fundraising events like Chocolate, Champagne and Couture-for-a-Cause to award an annual Women United Grant.
All Aloha United Way 2023 Nonprofit Partner Agencies who serve women or women-led families through their services are invited to apply for the Women United Grant. The application process will be open June 1st through June 30th. Use the link below with your E-Cimpact sign-in to begin.
~ 2023 Women United Grant Application Link
If you have any problems logging into E-Cimpact, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2022 Grant Recipients
In 2022 Women United Grant awards were made to the three organizations below for a total of $65,000.
- ($15,000) The Holohuma Na Wahine Program, administered by the Institute for Human Services, empowers female staff to strengthen their economic mobility through pursuing post-secondary education and continuing education. Funding will provide educational scholarship funds and childcare support for eligible women.
- ($25,000) The Hale Wahine Fund, administered by the Domestic Violence Action Center, supports family violence survivors and their families. Funding will provide housing and support services to 3 female-led families with their 9 children.
- ($25,000) Waimanalo Health Center improves access to mobile nutrition services that support food security for women and their families living in rural communities of O'ahu. Funding will allow WHC to expand Women, Infants and Children (WIC) services and enhance the existing Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program that provides local produce and meal preparation education for women deemed food insecure.
Women United has also made a three-year commitment to supporting the ALICE Initiative with a $10,000 gift each year starting in 2022.
Past Grant Recipients
- The Aloha Medical Mission Welcome Smile Program (2021)
- IHS Holomua Na Wahine Program (2021)
- Aloha United Way COVID-19 Rent & Utility Assistance Program (2020)
- Domestic Violence Action Center
- Waikiki Health
- Child & Family Service
- Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies Coalition of Hawaii
- Catholic Charities Hawai‛i
Join Women United
Be part of a community of like-minded women who contribute their personal passions, best ideas, and unique strengths to the mission of building a stronger community:
- Opportunities to share your expertise and talents on committees and through volunteering
- Invitations to events where you can network and build connections with like-minded women and community leaders
- You create powerful, lasting change through an internationally recognized group of dedicated female philanthropists
- Your investment directly impacts women and children of Hawaii for their entire lives, ensuring they're on a path to success