Aloha United Way (AUW) is currently accepting resumes from qualified candidates for the open positions listed below. Interested candidates should submit a resume and detailed cover letter highlighting their qualifications and salary requirement, and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manager, Major Gifts
Primary responsibility includes managing the overall success of the Major Gifts Campaign. Works closely with Vice President to recommend and execute creative strategies to assure sustained growth and development of Aloha United Way’s donor base - Tocqueville Society, Affinity Groups (i.e. Women United), Leadership and Legacy Givers and through the solicitation of personal gifts, fundraising events and sponsorship sales. Reports to the Vice President (VP) of Fundraising & Major Gifts.
- Assists the VP of Fundraising and Major Gifts and campaign team to develop fundraising strategies and tools, set goals, develop timetables and work plans for a successful major gifts campaign.
- Tocqueville Society: Plans, organizes, provides direct support and management of Tocqueville Society members and activities including projects, special initiatives and special event fundraisers. Provides timely and excellent one-on-one donor-centric or customer service to Tocqueville Society members to ensure their satisfaction with the donation/designation process.
- Affinity Groups: Responsible for the membership and revenue growth of the Affinity Groups to include the Women United and other opportunities through solicitation of personal gifts, fundraising events and sponsorship sales.
- Leadership Givers: Assists with creating, implementing and monitoring a leadership giving program that recognizes leadership givers, motivates them to increase their giving and provides additional contact outside the annual campaign.
- Legacy Givers: Assists with creating, implementing and monitoring of a sustainable Legacy Giving Program.
- Creates a recruitment & retention plan for Tocqueville Society and affinity groups and works in conjunction with the marketing director to provide materials, event logistics and media relations.
- Develops and maintains databases and financial tracking systems for Tocqueville Society and affinity groups. Monitors and manages reports of Tocqueville pledges and special events submitting internal reports as required on a timely basis.
- Assists in all Aloha United Way initiatives, projects and events as needed and serves on various committees as requested. Other duties: During campaign season, assists with campaign functions, and attend Campaign meetings and special events, as needed.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, communications, or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in fund development soliciting major gifts or nonprofit related experience, including at least one (1) year in communications or marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with volunteers and knowledge of nonprofit operations preferred.
- Must have experience as an advance user of excel and knowledge in ANDAR database (or fundraising software) preferred.
- Excellent skills in relationship management, team building, problem-solving, public speaking and executive presentation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interface with high level donors, volunteers, CEOs and senior management. Able to work independently, takes initiative and be self-motivated.
Other Requirement: A valid driver's license and vehicle are required.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. This is an exempt position and requires additional hours beyond office hours, including weekends and evenings on an as-needed basis.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Prescription drug & Flex Spending benefits
- Group Life & Long-Term Care insurances
- Short-term & Long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Employee assistance program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plans
- Civic duty and Military leave
- Reserved Parking/Bus Pass
- Business Perks & Discounts