BE PART OF OUR TEAM
At Aloha United Way, we are determined to build a better, more connected community for all. We work efficiently and collaboratively to develop effective solutions to our communities most pressing issues. We believe that each of us has the ability to create significant change in our community and that we have the ability to inspire others to do so as well.
Our team is the heart and soul of our company and every experience that we provide to our donors, our partner agencies and our community. Employees are empowered and encouraged to think creatively and outside of the box in all that we do to make a positive impact. We are a place that is continually evolving and where motivated, passionate and caring employee’s thrive. Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs.
If you’re seeking a work environment that values your passion, new perspectives and a desire to make a positive impact in our community, and looking for a place that encourages big thinkers and fresh ideas, then you’re someone we want. Interested candidates should fill out the employment application and submit it along with your resume and a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer excellent benefits to our staff which include:
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Prescription drug & Flex Spending benefits
- Group Life & Long-Term Care insurances
- Short-term & Long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plans -vacation, sick & holidays
- Civic Duty and Military Leaves
- Parking or Bus Pass
- Business Perks & Discounts
- Tuition Discounts at accredited universities
Manager, Major Gifts
Job Summary: This position reports to the Vice President of Fundraising & Major Gifts. Primary responsibility includes managing the overall success of the Major Gifts Campaign. Works closely with VP to recommend and execute creative strategies to assure sustained growth and development of Aloha United Way’s donor base - Tocqueville Society, Leadership and Legacy Givers and through the solicitation of personal gifts, fundraising events and sponsorship sales.
- Assists the VP of Fundraising and Major Gifts and campaign team to develop fundraising strategies and tools, set goals, develop timetables and work plans for a successful major gifts campaign.
- Tocqueville Society: Plans, organizes, provides direct support and management of Tocqueville Society members and activities including projects, special initiatives and special event fundraisers. Provides timely and excellent one-on-one donor-centric or customer service to Tocqueville Society members to ensure their satisfaction with the donation/designation process.
- Leadership Givers: Assists with creating, implementing and monitoring a leadership giving program that recognizes leadership givers, motivates them to increase their giving and provides additional contact outside the annual campaign.
- Legacy Givers: Assists with creating, implementing and monitoring of a sustainable Legacy Giving Program.
- Creates a recruitment & retention plan for Tocqueville Society and affinity groups and works in conjunction with the marketing director to provide materials, event logistics and media relations.
- Develops and maintains databases and financial tracking systems for Tocqueville Society and affinity groups. Monitors and manages reports of Tocqueville pledges and special events submitting internal reports as required on a timely basis.
- Assists in all Aloha United Way initiatives, projects and events as needed and serves on various committees as requested.
- During campaign season and as needed, assists with campaign functions.
- Attend Campaign meetings and special events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, communications, or related field.
Minimum of three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in fund development soliciting major gifts or nonprofit related experience, including at least one (1) year in communications or marketing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working with volunteers and knowledge of nonprofit operations preferred.
Must have experience as an advance user of excel and knowledge in ANDAR (or fundraising software) preferred.
Excellent skills in relationship management, team building, problem-solving, public speaking and executive presentation. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interface with high level donors, volunteers, CEOs and senior management. Able to work independently, takes initiative and be self-motivated.
A valid driver's license and vehicle
Information & Referral Specialist, 2-1-1
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, provides phone and clerical services for AUW-211.
- Answer incoming calls and provides information and referrals to the appropriate providers.
- Completes data entry of caller log screens which record clients’ requests, referrals made and unmet services requested.
- Administers quality assurance checks by performing client follow-up, with a sample of callers, to ensure clients receive appropriate services that are effective. Offer additional assistance, if necessary.
- Deliver feedback to the Program Manager and/or VP of Community Impact, which can include recommendation for addition or deletion of services identified in the referral process.
- Supports a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
Occasionally assists with campaign functions.
Performs data entry on updates and new resources.
Occasionally assists with bulk mailings, telephone outreach for program projects.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Good communication/interpersonal skills helpful.
Graduation from high school or GED.
Previous working experience in customer service, or with telephones and/or computers helpful.
Previous working experience in nonprofit helpful but not required.
Previous working experience in a team environment desired.