BE PART OF OUR TEAM
At Aloha United Way, we are determined to build a better, more connected community for all. We work efficiently and collaboratively to develop effective solutions to our communities most pressing issues. We believe that each of us has the ability to create significant change in our community and that we have the ability to inspire others to do so as well.
Our team is the heart and soul of our company and every experience that we provide to our donors, our partner agencies and our community. Employees are empowered and encouraged to think creatively and outside of the box in all that we do to make a positive impact. We are a place that is continually evolving and where motivated, passionate and caring employee’s thrive. Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs.
If you’re seeking a work environment that values your passion, new perspectives and a desire to make a positive impact in our community, and looking for a place that encourages big thinkers and fresh ideas, then you’re someone we want.
We are currently accepting resumes from qualified candidates for the open positions listed below. Interested candidates should submit a resume along with a detailed cover letter highlighting their qualifications and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Development Associate
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the direction of the Vice President of Fundraising and Major Gifts (F&MG), assists Aloha United Way (AUW) volunteers, Business Development Managers and Campaign Operations Manager in raising funds. Provides organizational and technical assistance in Andar (donor management database) and e-Pledge (online pledging application), and business development to ensure a successful and growing AUW annual fundraising campaign.
• Assists the F&MG department by conducting or helping with rallies, presentations, events, booking envelopes, completion of speaker requests, collection of donations, and other tasks as directed.
• Represents AUW professionally during group presentations, rallies, coordinator trainings, meetings and special events.
• Recommends improvements and changes to enhance accounts and campaign results, Andar and e-Pledge.
• Responsible for the Andar database data cleanup and creating reports such as DMOs, providing assistance with training, updating manager assignments and uploading of fundraising goals.
• Implements Andar best practices when utilizing the system to maximize efficiency and data integrity.
• Works with appropriate staff to assist with e-Pledge accounts, including but not limited to attending meetings, responding to donor requests and questions in a timely, efficient and courteous manner, and building e-Pledge sites when other staff is unavailable.
• Collects, verifies and uploads e-Pledge data needed from workplace campaign companies into ANDAR, manages data within the system and performs ongoing database clean-up and maintenance.
• Develops positive relationships with key business leaders and volunteers (e.g., Workplace Campaign Chairs, Coordinators).
• Assists Coordinators and Loaned Executives with planning, implementing and completing their campaigns.
• Attends internal meetings and represents the F&MG department on cross-functional teams and committees such as the Data Integrity Group (DIG) and e-Pledge Team.
• Supports a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
• Attends campaign team meetings and special events.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university, preferably with a major in business administration, public administration, communications, or computer science preferred. Minimum of one (1) year of responsible experience in fundraising or related nonprofit services preferred, or any combination of education and experience which would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential duties of this position. Preferred experience in e-Pledge, and knowledge in ANDAR (or fundraising software).
Skills/Knowledge: Working knowledge of the principles, practices and trends in fundraising desirable. Sales experience and public speaking experience helpful. Working knowledge of personal computers. Experience with fundraising or database, e-Pledge systems and processes, campaigns, communications and information technology (IT) or systems (IS). Experience with PC and Microsoft office software: Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. ANDAR, e-Pledge software knowledge ideal with project management experience preferred. Able to perform varied assignments with initiative, independence and judgment. Able to conduct research, analysis, prepare reports and make recommendations for the campaign. Must have good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to communicate both orally and in writing. Ability to actively contribute as a team member. Able to work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines. Also able to perform physical work which includes lifting, moving and carrying items. Able to work independently as well as the ability to contribute as a team member. Also able to work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
Must possess a valid driver’s license and a functioning automobile.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, manages all donor/partner agency management platforms and serves as the data lead for all activities related to AUW’s operational strategy. Responsible for the overall Management Information Systems (MIS) operations of Aloha United Way.
Provides data support for the fundraising and community impact team. Maintains a deep understanding of what data is available to help drive AUW strategy.
Mine and analyze data to drive optimization and improvement of donor and partner agency engagement.
Develop reports and analysis that align with overall AUW strategies.
AUW system administrator for Andar and other database systems. Maintains currency in Andar operations. Leads initiatives and acts as staff trainer in all technical aspects around all database systems.
Builds e-pledge sites for companies participating in AUW’s online campaign system in accordance with the AUW Andar Standards and associated procedures.
Handle all Salesforce.com related needs. Act as liaison between AUW, United Way Worldwide, DSOG, and Salesforce Premier Customer Support services as AUW's key technology lead on system-wide digital projects.
Manage both single-direction and bi-directional synchronization of local Salesforce data with legacy SQL server pledge and donation data using data integration software.
Prepares and administers the MIS annual budget, IT resource plan and work plan.
In coordination with external providers, the Manager plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the AUW MIS program including needs analysis, vendor selection, and procurement.
Primary technical point of contact and contract manager for external providers supplying equipment or services to support AUW’s IT Infrastructure, applications, MIS operations and technology-based initiatives and projects like the phone and speech privacy systems.
Formulates, implements, trains staff and ensures compliance with current, new or revised MIS policies, practices and procedures.
Supports organizational initiatives and promotes a positive working environment that is conducive to teamwork.
Supports a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
Supervises the duties and responsibilities of Associate, Database Management.
Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge of objectives, principles, practices and trends in areas of internal and external communication systems equipment. Must be able to negotiate with and manage vendors. Experience and working knowledge of PC software, server OS & applications, cloud based environment and applications, and Networking operating systems and applications. Experience and working knowledge of data querying and custom reporting tools. Able to work independently as well as the ability to actively contribute as a team member. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate technical and business concepts both orally and in writing. Also able to work on concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in computer science, information systems, database management, or other relevant degrees. Minimum of (3) years’ of related experience and (3) years of basic desktop/IT support. Supervisory experience and prior experience in the non-profit sector is preferred.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the general direction of the Vice President of Finance, performs general accounting, campaign receivables processing, grant and financial reporting functions.
• Provide financial information, analysis and reports to support AUW operations and strategies
• Participate in various general accounting functions and financial reports up to and including monthly closing, balance sheet reconciliations and financial reporting.
• Assist in maintaining subsidiary records including: non-campaign receivables, property and depreciation, cash, and reconciling the records to the general ledger accounts.
• Assist with agency distributions.
• Prepares daily cash deposits for campaign revenue, fundraising events and miscellaneous income. Processes charge card transactions as requested and electronic fund transfers on the 15th of every month.
• Responsible for the recording of pledges, daily EFT, online payments, deposits, account adjustments, and uncollectibles to customer accounts, including data entry into Andar receivables software. Assist with A/R closing.
• Responsible for preparing and sending out billing statements after each month’s closing.
• Handles customer inquiries about billings and maintains effective public contact.
• During campaign, assist with audit process of report envelopes.
• Assists in training and supervision of temporary workers assisting with report envelopes.
• Maintain accounting files and records both paper and electronic for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with the Records Retention Policy and regulatory requirements.
• Assist with annual financial audit and provide related supporting schedules as needed.
• Support a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills/Knowledge: Knowledge of office procedures and practices. Knowledge of general ledger procedures and accounting principles. Attention to accuracy and detail, planning and organizing. Problem analysis and problem-solving skills. Experience with PC software; MS Word and Excel. Knowledge of Abila MIP Fund accounting system and ANDAR Fundraising Software desirable. Must have good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain courtesy and tact. Able to work on concurrent assignments, meet deadlines and contribute as a team member.
Education/Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a major in finance, accounting or business administration. Some accounting experience in a non-profit organization preferred. Previous working experience in a team environment preferred.
“Aloha United Way's Mission is to bring resources, organizations, and people together to advance the health, education, and financial stability of every person in our community. Core Values are the foundation by which we operate. Employees at Aloha United Way have identified two sets of Values - Accountability/Transparency, Integrity, Respect, Trust & Compassion, and Excellence in Customer Service & Collaborative Solution-Seeking that reflect essential elements necessary for a productive, successful organization and work environment."
Medical, Vision, Dental, Prescription drug & Flex Spending benefits
Group Life & Long-Term Care insurances
Short-term & Long-term disability benefits
401(k) Retirement Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off (PTO) Plans -vacation, sick & holidays
Civic Duty and Military Leaves
Parking or Bus Pass
Business Perks & Discounts
Tuition Discounts at accredited universities