BE PART OF OUR TEAM
At Aloha United Way, we are determined to build a better, more connected community for all. We work efficiently and collaboratively to develop effective solutions to our communities most pressing issues. We believe that each of us has the ability to create significant change in our community and that we have the ability to inspire others to do so as well.
Our team is the heart and soul of our company and every experience that we provide to our donors, our partner agencies and our community. Employees are empowered and encouraged to think creatively and outside of the box in all that we do to make a positive impact. We are a place that is continually evolving and where motivated, passionate and caring employee’s thrive. Our culture embraces people’s diverse perspectives and creates a positive environment where everyone belongs.
If you’re seeking a work environment that values your passion, new perspectives and a desire to make a positive impact in our community, and looking for a place that encourages big thinkers and fresh ideas, then you’re someone we want. We offer excellent benefits to our staff which include:
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Prescription drug & Flex Spending benefits
- Group Life & Long-Term Care insurances
- Short-term & Long-term disability benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Plans -vacation, sick & holidays
- Civic Duty and Military Leaves
- Bus Pass
- Business Perks & Discounts
Contracts & Compliance Manager - Click here to apply
About the Role
Under the direction of the COO, ensures that our organization is meeting all compliance and audit requirements for agency contracts and grant-funded programs, including work to manage a portfolio of fiscal sponsorships, support audit, review, and document control activities, and evaluate contracts and processes for risk to the organization.
This role will work across all departments to inform decision makers of contract requirements and potential financial and organizational risks. Aloha United Way’s contracts include, but are not limited to, contracts for federal, state, and county programs, emergency relief efforts, grants, foundations, fiscal sponsorships, vendors, businesses, and partner agencies.
Working closely with the Chief Operating Officer as well as the Finance and Grants Management teams, the Contract and Compliance Manager will oversee a portfolio of fiscal sponsorship grants and contracts, and have primarily responsibility for contract review and management, agreement and contract creation, document control, report tracking, and coordinating interdepartmental work related to contracts and fiscal sponsorship under Management of Aloha United Way.
Additional work may include supporting grantee networks and trainings, logistics and scheduling support, coordinating work to increase grantee capacity, drafting and formatting reports, and various administrative and management support duties.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in reviewing and managing contracts or grants, strong organizational, file system, and document control skills, and very strong writing, technology, communication and relationship-building skills, plus flexibility, attention to detail, willingness to problem solve and develop or improve processes, and a commitment to excellent customer service, responsiveness, and team work.
Database Curator for 211 - Click here to apply
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Under the direct supervision of the 211 Program Manager, 211 Supervisor, and/or Director, Community Impact, this role maintains AUW 211 databases and provides relevant clerical services for the 211 program and Community Impact department.
- Routinely reviews and ensures the integrity of databases by performing ongoing update reviews via email, or phone correspondence with agencies/groups/individuals represented in the databases, along with the Data Support Specialist.
- Regularly monitors news media and community resources to solicit potential candidates for inclusion in the databases.
- Responsible for indexing new records in the databases.
- Supervises work of a volunteer and/or a staff person to complete data entry and other projects.
- Provides quality assurance for the data entry of changes and updates in the databases.
- Assists in the collection of data on community needs and outcomes information from the AUW 211 database.
- Assists in answering incoming calls and greeting visitors and responds with appropriate information to questions pertaining to the program.
- Supports a positive team environment through active participation in team-related activities.
- Sets up and maintains a filing system.
- Provides clerical services including word processing, typing, and duplicating of documents on copy machine as needed.