High school graduation is a major milestone on the path to successful adulthood. Throughout one’s lifetime, high school graduates will earn 74% more than a drop out. High school graduation is so powerful that it often will break the cycle of generational poverty.
Vocational training programs create better opportunities for Hawaii's youth to lead better lives. Aloha United Way is focused on increasing Hawaii’s high school graduation rate by ensuring that at-risk students graduate from high school, complete vocational training programs certification/licensure, or return to their home school. In doing so, we create better opportunities for Hawaii’s youth to lead successful lives and enhance the economic competitiveness of our islands.
- After-School All-Stars Hawaii, Public Middle Schools program
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii, HI-Mentor
- Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii, Education Support
- Family Programs Hawaii, eXcel
- Hale Kipa, Independent Living Program
- Junior Achievement of Hawaii, Education program
- Kokua Kalihi Valley Comprehensive Family Services, Lei Hipuu O Kalihi
- KEY Project, Project Holomua
- Olelo Community Television, Olelo Youth Xchange Media Clubs
- Palama Settlement, In-Community Treatment Program
- Waikiki Health, Youth Outreach GED Program
- Waimanalo Health Center, Ku I Ka Mana Native Hawaiian Mentoring Program