We are excited to announce that the 2018 partner agency application process will open on October 13, 2017. Aloha United Way does not charge any administrative fees for processing applications or donor designations.
Here are the minimum qualifications for an agency to be considered as a partner:
1. Hold 501c3 status with the IRS
2. Compliant with the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs (DCCA)
3. Compliant with the Attorney General’s Office (Exempt Agencies still have to be registered with AG)
4. Deliver a service on Oahu
5. Certify compliance with the Patriot Act
6. Certify compliance with Aloha United Way’s anti-discrimination policy
7. Comply with Aloha United Way’s guidelines on self-promotion of designations
8. Have revenues of at least $25,000 for each of the past three years
9. Be willing and able to accept payments from Aloha United Way via electronic funds transfer.
Here is a list of required documents that you need to complete your online application:
- Agency Logo: Agency logo will be displayed on Aloha United Way's website and promotional materials. (Logo Requirements: 4 color, 300 DPI, JPEG Format)
- Audit & Management Letter: Agency's most recent audit and management letter (if revenue exceeds $500,000) or most recent independent financial review (if revenues are $500,000 or less).
- IRS 501(c) (3) Determination Letter: Agency's IRS 501 (c) (3) tax exemption letter showing IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN).
- IRS Form 990 & All Schedules: Agency's past three years completed Form 990, including the signature of an officer and all applicable schedules. (Starting with the most current year going back. i.e., 2016, 2015, & 2014)
- Compliance with the Attorney General: Agency's registration status with the Attorney General's Office. If your agency is exempt from registering with the Attorney General's Office, please upload a copy of the exemption letter. Listed below is the AG website where you can obtain a free PDF copy of the required documentation.http://ag.ehawaii.gov/charity/search.html
- Compliance with the DCCA: Agency's registration and certification of good standing with the DCCA. Listed below is the DCCA website where you can obtain a free PDF copy of the required documentation. https://hbe.ehawaii.gov/documents/search.html
For further assistance or more information on becoming an Aloha United Way partner agency please contact Sheryl Dodge, Community Impact at 808-543-2206 or email@example.com.